Monday 19 June 2017

Snazzy Socks on a Summer Afternoon

Hi everyone,

I finished the first sock of a pair over the weekend this week.  My first time using Stylecraft Head Over Heels.  I like the way the colour has pooled in these, makes them look really different.  Just about up to the heelturn now on the second sock, so hopefully will have a finished pair by the end of the week.  

Love this yarn and would definitely buy it again in the future.

Its made up from 75% Superwash Wool and 25% Nylon, comes in 100g balls and has 437 yards/400 metres in each ball.

Washes in a machine at 30 degrees C.

Ta da, one finished sock, now to work on its mate.

I'm getting really enthiastic about knitting socks, I've never had something that I could carry on knitting throughout the warmer months, so far my socks have been to the hospital and in the garden, they are a really transportable project.  And I'm really enjoying knitting on DPNs, I never thought I would.

I have so many WIPs (work in progress) now, that I really must get something finished.  Too hot to sit crocheting blankets, so sock knitting is the thing for me this summer.  Me and the Bi-focals are doing me proud with my sock knitting.

My sock and the trusy Bi-focals.

A trip to Sirdar Mill, a trip down memory lane.
A few years ago Mum and I went on a Woman's Weekly Knitting Masterclass to Sirdar.  We have a lovely time and it is still fresh in our memories, we got to see how the wool was turned from fleece into a ball of yarn, had a days knitting and learning new techniques with the amazing Design Team and even better got to buy some wool.  I remember our trip home on the train laden with packs of lovely Sirdar Countrystyle DK.  Those were the days when Mum and I could do things like that together.  A memory we both cherish. 

The Trooping of The Colour Flypast
This past weekend was a warm one, Mum and I spent part of it in the garden, we were honoured on Saturday as it was Trooping The Colour and as happens every year we are on the flight path to Buckingham Palace and were treated to seeing the planes closer than the Queen and the rest of the royal household. 

Here are a few more of my finished sock.

A perfect fit.

Almost done the cuff for the 2nd sock.

Look at that perfect fitting sock.





If you enjoy reading my blog, why not send me a comment or give me a follow?  Enjoy the rest of the week and I will report back when I've finished my pair.

TTFN.

Tracy

xxx










No comments:

Post a Comment