Monday 21 August 2017

A Sticky Situation - Adhesives

Hi everyone.

It has been a few weeks since my last post, Mum and I have been up to our neck in christmas cards and birthday cards.  We have made a hundred of each for our first card stall on the 2nd September.  We are really looking forward to this.

I've also taken delivery of a Brother ScanNCut CM300, which I'm slowly getting my head around.  Trouble is I've fallen in love with it already, and all the Tattered Lace USBs look fabulous!

Anyway the subject of this blog is really all about adhesives.

My go to wet glue has always been Tonic Funky Glue, which I adore as its so easy to use and gets tacky really quickly, have had a few issues with mirri getting marked - but hasn't everybody - that's where a baby wipe comes into play.  However, I have recently purchased the Nuvo glue which is the same product but has a much finer nib, much easier to dab in the right places (though not use too much) on my delicate dies.  I would give both Funky and Nuvo glues 10/10 for ease of use and results!  They both do what they say on the tin, fabulous products as one would expect from Tonic.

Tape runners.
I've tried a few of these, including Hobbycraft, Tonic, Stix2 and Create & Craft's own.  It is tie between Stix2 and Tonic on this, both are really good and excellent value for money.  And they are both refillable which you can buy for half the price as the whole complete pen.

Tissue Tear Tape
The best one I've found so far is made by Hunkydory and tears easily between your fingers.

High Tack Tape
Stix 2, Create & Craft have both been trialled, but Stix2 wins hands down, much better quality.

Sticky Foam Pads
I have trialled Hunkydory and Stix2.  I always used to use the Stix brand but swapped over to Hunkydory when I started using Hunkydory products as the tops were so easy to lift off, but have ordered a huge quantity from Stix2 as I was having problems with orders being despatched by Create & Craft and had run out.  You can order direct from Stix2 and the customer service is really quick.  I last purchased Stix2 and now will be my go to product and I won't use anything else! 

Pinflair
I have underlined Pinflair because I was recently having a problem with matting and layering not being quite perfect and sticky glue marks on mirri.  I was advised by Ruth and Pauline from Hunkydory to try Pinflair.  I've had some in my stash for years, and wow, wow, wow, I've made the most cards ever in one day, perfect matting and layering with no glue smuges.  Love Pinflair so much, its amazing glue.  I can't thank Ruth and Pauline enough for encouraging me to use it.  Love it.  My best product discovery yet.  I've now got 9 tubes in the house (don't ask!!).  So I'm never likely to run out of glue.

On the knitting front, I've started a little scarf in Stylecraft Candy Swirl.  Love it so far.  And I'm still knitting socks in Wendy Roam, haven't been very motivated lately as I've been busy with my cards.  Oh and I finally finished my Harmony Blanket!!  Also in Stylecraft Special DK.

Having a bit of an easy day today as I've had a monstrous migraine this morning.  Been watching Craft Buddy on Hochanda and now Katy Sue Designs.  I love Craft Buddy, I've treat myself to a Crystal Art Canvas so will enjoy doing that - something completely different to what I'm used to.

Anyway, I will be reviewing the Crystal Art Canvas and some other Craft Buddy products next time. Just want to say hello to my crafting hero Dawn Bibby who has been poorly on her holiday in Tenerife.  Sending you lots of love and hugs and best wishes Dawn, get well soon.  Glad you are home and hope you are getting lots of rest and cuddles from Charlie the dog.
My finished Harmony Blanket

Stix2 delivery

First birthday card completed on Scan NCut

Stix2 foam pads

Candy Swirl

Straberry Taffy

The beginnings of something beautiful

A few boxes on the Scan NCut - just practice ones

Pinflair!

Tonic taperunner

My trusty Funky Glue

Nuvo

My Wendy Roam Frusion sock

A box of christmas cards

A box of birthday cards.




No comments:

Post a Comment