Sunday 24 January 2016

Thinking out of the box....

Hello again.  What a busy day in the craft room yesterday.

I made a few cards, a couple for a red and white colour challenge on the Trimcraft Forum, a get well card for a friend who has just undergone surgery and a mother's day card for my Mum.  Nothing like planning ahead is there!

I didn't realise quite how bad my right shoulder was damaged until I tried to wind the handle on the spellbinder.  Thank goodness the physio is helping.  The sooner my Big Blue machine arrives the better, it is due on 4th February, not long to wait.  Let the countdown begin.

Have had a few crafty deliveries this week, though I do wish that Create & Craft would change the way they package their goods and use boxes instead of just padded envelopes, have had corners all damaged of one delivery and the other one had cards damaged.  They are sending out replacement cards for the ones that were damaged and haven't heard back yet as I emailed as I'm fed up with struggling to get myself understood by the call centre.  I will keep you posted. 

Anyway whilst watching the Trimcraft show on Create & Craft on Friday, the demonstrator Mel had some brilliant tips.  She suggested instead of using mirriboard to mat and layer, draw round on the edges with a black chisel edged Spectrum Noir pen, it really made the images pop and stand out.

The other top tip she showed was when you do a card, instead of leaving a big white area (see my cat card), using a fine pen make your own background using little dots to take the eye away from the white area.  It works - see my card photo below.

Hopefully will be moving my jewellery making stash upstairs for storage today, so probably will be doing a spot of cross stitch this afternoon, or colouring - you never know.

Whatever you do, have fun and keep crafting.

Love

Tracy

xxx





1 comment:

  1. lovely cards. i watched that show too and loved the edging tip, great idea and looks fab

    ReplyDelete